The 10 Best Weight Loss Books of 2023
If you’re looking to lose weight, there’s no shortage of information on the internet and in bookstores. But with so many different diets and approaches to choose from, it can be tough to know where to start.
That’s where weight loss books can come in handy. A good weight loss book can provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to lose weight and keep it off for good.
Here are the 10 best weight loss books of 2023, based on expert reviews and reader feedback:
- The How Not to Diet Cookbook: 100+ Recipes to Lose Weight for Good by Michael Greger, MD
This cookbook is based on the principles of Dr. Greger’s book, How Not to Diet, which is one of the most popular weight loss books of all time. The cookbook includes over 100 delicious and nutritious recipes that are designed to help you lose weight and keep it off for good.
- The Obesity Code by Jason Fung, MD
Dr. Fung’s book takes a unique approach to weight loss by focusing on the role of insulin in obesity. He argues that the best way to lose weight is to reduce insulin levels, which can be done by following a low-carb diet and intermittent fasting.
- The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power to Reject Diet Culture and Love Your Body by Sonya Renee Taylor
This book is a powerful exploration of the ways in which diet culture harms our bodies and our minds. Taylor provides a framework for rejecting diet culture and embracing our bodies, regardless of size or shape.
- Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
Intuitive Eating is a non-diet approach to weight loss that focuses on listening to your body’s cues and eating what you enjoy. This book provides a step-by-step guide to Intuitive Eating, including how to identify and overcome diet mentality and how to build a positive relationship with food.
- The Mindful Eating Workbook: A Guide to Overcoming Emotional Eating and Making Peace with Food by Susan Albers, PsyD
This workbook is designed to help you overcome emotional eating and make peace with food. It includes exercises and worksheets that can help you identify your triggers, develop healthy coping mechanisms, and build a more mindful relationship with eating.
- The Plant-Based Weight Loss Solution: A 28-Day Plan and Cookbook to Lose Weight the Healthy Way by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN
This book provides a 28-day plan and cookbook for losing weight on a plant-based diet. The plan is easy to follow and includes delicious and nutritious recipes.
- The Complete Mediterranean Diet: A Step-by-Step Guide to Eating Healthy, Losing Weight, and Living a Long and Active Life by Bonnie Taub-Dix, MA, RDN, CDN
This book provides a comprehensive guide to the Mediterranean diet, including its health benefits, how to follow it, and tips for success. It also includes over 100 Mediterranean recipes.
- The DASH Diet Weight Loss Solution: A 28-Day Plan to Lower Your Blood Pressure and Lose Weight by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN
This book provides a 28-day plan for losing weight on the DASH diet. The DASH diet is a clinically proven diet that can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Whole Foods, Real Life: 100 Delicious, Easy-to-Follow, Plant-Based, Whole Food Recipes for Every Occasion by Sarah Krieger
This cookbook includes over 100 delicious and easy-to-follow plant-based recipes. The recipes are made with whole foods and are perfect for people of all dietary needs.
- The Noom Mindset: Change Your Food Thinking, Change Your Life by Noom Coaches
This book is based on the Noom weight loss program. It provides a practical guide to changing your food thinking and making sustainable changes to your diet and lifestyle.
How to Choose the Right Weight Loss Book for You
When choosing a weight loss book, it’s important to consider your individual needs and preferences. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your dietary needs: If you have any dietary restrictions, such as allergies or food sensitivities, you’ll need to choose a book that includes recipes that meet your needs.
- Your lifestyle: Consider your daily routine and how much time you have to cook and prepare food. If you’re short on time, you’ll need to choose a book that includes quick and easy recipes.
- Your budget: Weight loss books can range in price from a few cents to over $100. Choose a book that fits your budget.