To make healthy honey garlic shrimp, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink and cooked through.
- Add the green onion to the skillet and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides, such as brown rice, quinoa, or roasted vegetables.
This recipe makes a healthy and delicious meal that is low in calories and fat, but high in protein. It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, iron, and selenium.
Here are some additional tips for making healthy honey garlic shrimp:
- Use reduced-sodium soy sauce to reduce the amount of sodium in the dish.
- Use olive oil instead of butter to cook the shrimp. Olive oil is a healthier fat that is lower in saturated fat.
- Add plenty of vegetables to the dish to make it more nutritious. You can add steamed broccoli, roasted vegetables, or a side salad.
- Serve the shrimp with a whole grain side dish, such as brown rice or quinoa. Whole grains are a good source of fiber and complex carbohydrates, which can help you feel full and satisfied after eating.