- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup (76g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (205g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, melted butter, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add flour, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For a sweeter banana bread, add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar.
- For a more flavorful banana bread, add 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter.
- To add a bit of crunch, fold in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- For a streusel topping, combine 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over the batter before baking.